Reporting to the Director of Property Management, this person will be responsible for all elements of the day to day running of a portfolio of properties both commercial and residential in Midlands’s area, predominantly Birmingham, Milton Keynes and surrounding districts, and give effective and efficient facilities management service to all clients and tenants.
- Be part of an FM/Admin team and deliver agreed standards in service and best practice, assisting the Property Management department in the setting of service charge budgets, and in particular, advising on the scheduling of major repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Ensure statutory compliance at all levels and buildings run smoothly, efficiently; in accordance with the client’s requirements and to the satisfaction of the tenants and the client, to include liaison with building managers and/or caretakers and other LSH departments as necessary, with regular tenant meetings and daily tenant contact if required and maintenance of tenant/building manuals.
- Liaise with contractors as and when necessary, to maintain performance through Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, requesting and checking suitability of necessary risk and method statements from contractors and issuing of Permission to Access when appropriate.
- Arrange risk assessments to be carried as and when necessary, and then carry out any actions identified (health & safety, fire, water etc)
- Carry out general health and safety inspections and other relevant inspections as required on the frequency established for the relevant property and record such inspections appropriately.
- Under the direction of property surveyor, re-tender or re-specify contracts where necessary, driving contract negotiations to improve relations and achieve best value
- Liaise with external consultants as may be appointed and especially with utility supply contracts and advise Property Management, as necessary.
- Raise any issues of tenant’s non-compliance (lease covenants) or opportunities with tenants e.g. change in occupational requirements.
- Identify potential fee earning opportunities such as FM consultancy and small works project etc
- Develop and improve current service levels and statutory compliance
- Any other duties commensurate with this level of post
- Previous experience in managing a portfolio of properties and dealing with contractors and tenants and service charge budgets.
- Recognised Facilities Management qualification (or currently studying for) or Building Maintenance or other construction related qualification and experience. IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum requirement.
- Good strong and confident negotiator
- Communicates concisely, both orally and in writing
- Maintains clear communication channels with other members of the Property Management team
- Confidently expresses a personal view on a situation and is able to share their experience and ideas with the rest of the team
- Presents a professional image when dealing with clients and tenants
- Demonstrates a commitment to self-development
- Computer literate
- Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work.
- Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of their work
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates co-operation and willingness to work with others
- Demonstrates good, confident social behavioural skills
- Able to work within a team environment, as well as on their own initiative